In this PnP Webcast, we concentrated on SharePoint Framework Extensions developer preview. SharePoint Framework Extensions provide you capabilities for customizing the user interface of "modern" SharePoint sites and experiences. As part fo the dev preview, we released three different extensions, which are Application Customizer, Field Customizer and ListView Command Set. There are specific Yeoman templates for all of these to get started with the development. Please have also look on the SharePoint Framework Tutorials, which will guide you through the process of building custom extensions.
Notice. SharePoint Framework Extensions are currently available as Developer Preview. You can test them with Office 365 Developer Tenants. You can get free Developer Tenant from Office 365 Dev Program if you don't have one already. Please provide us feedback and suggestions using the Issue list at the SP-Dev-Docs repository on SharePoint GitHub organization.
Presentation covers following discussion points:
- Introduction to Extensions available in dev preview
- Debugging process for Extensions
- Deployment of an Extension to SharePoint Online
Webcast demo shows following things:
- Creating a new extension using the updated Yeoman packages
- Solution structure of a SharePoint Framework Extension
- Debugging SharePoint Framework Extension
- Deployment considerations
- Existing resources around the Extensions
The presentation used in this webcast is available from new PnP SlideShare locations at https://www.slideshare.net/SharePointPnP.
Video at YouTube.
See following resources around the covered topics.
- Announcing Availability of SharePoint Framework Extensions Developer Preview
- Build 2017 - Create the modern workplace with the SharePoint Framework - Extensions announcement and other topics
- Channel 9 Live Session - SharePoint Framework - Live demos and discussions around latest with SharePoint Framework
- Overview of SharePoint Framework Extensions (preview) - Tutorials and documentation
- SharePoint Framework Extensions GitHub repository - Tutorial code, community and engineering samples
- SharePoint Framework documentation
- SharePoint Framework Tutorials
- Open and Connected Framework - The SharePoint Framework - YouTube
- PnP Webcast - Common (mis)conceptions about SharePoint Framework
- PnP Webcast – Introduction to Visual Studio Extension for SharePoint Framework
- PnP Webcast - Calling external APIs securely from SharePoint Framework
- PnP Webcast - SharePoint Framework and organizational considerations
- PnP Webcast - Provisioning SharePoint assets for your SharePoint Framework solution
- PnP Webcast - Validating SharePoint Framework client-side web part property values
- PnP Webcast - Getting started with SharePoint Framework
- PnP Webcast - Cascading property pane drop-downs with SharePoint Framework
- PnP Webcast - Building multi-view React client-side web parts with SharePoint Framework
- PnP Webcast - Building real time news feed web part with SharePoint Framework
- PnP Webcast - Building multi-view Angular 1.x client-side web parts with SharePoint Framework
- PnP Webcast - Building a sample search web part with SharePoint Framework using React
- PnP Webcast - Azure AD implicit flow with SPFx client-side web part (developer preview)
- PnP Webcast - CRUD operations with SharePoint Framework client-side web parts
- PnP Webcast - Using Office Graph from SharePoint client-side web parts
- PnP Webcast - Building Angular SharePoint Framework client-side web part
- PnP Webcast - Building simple SharePoint Framework Client Web Part
- PnP Webcast - Integrating Angular v1.x to SharePoint Framework client side web part
- PnP Webcast - Getting started with web stack in SharePoint Development
- PnP Webcast - Preparing for SharePoint Framework - What should I learn?
What is SharePoint / Office Dev Patterns & Practices (PnP) webcast series?
SharePoint / Office Dev Patterns & Practices (PnP) webcast series covers different patterns, practices and topics around development with Office 365 and SharePoint. The majority of the topics are valid for the Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises. Our objective is to release new around 30-minute long webcast each Monday with few slides and a live demo on the covered topic. All webcasts are published at the PnP YouTube channel with additional references to the existing materials.
PnP is community driven open source project where Microsoft and external community members are sharing their learning's around implementation practices for Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises (add-in model). Active development and contributions happen in our GitHub repositories under dev branch and each month there will be a master merge (monthly release) with more comprehensive testing and communications. Latest activities and future plans are covered in our monthly community calls which are open for anyone from the community. Download invite from http://aka.ms/SPPnP-Call.
This is work done by the community for the community without any actual full-time people. It’s been great to find both internal and external people who are willing to assist and share their learning's for the benefit of others. This way we can build on the common knowledge of us all. Currently, the program is facilitated by Microsoft, but already at this point, we have multiple community members as part of the Core team and we are looking to extend the Core team with more community members.
If you have any questions, comments or feedback around PnP program or this blog post, please use the Microsoft Tech Community (SharePoint Developer group).
“Sharing is caring”
Vesa Juvonen, Senior Program Manager, SharePoint, Microsoft - 12th of June 2017