We are happy to announce availability of new SharePoint Client Side Object Model (CSOM) version targeted for the Office 365 or more specifically for SharePoint and Project Online. This release again contains few updates on the existing SharePoint CSOM assemblies and some maintenance changes. These monthly changes are not significant, but we want to align on the monthly rhythm in future, so that you can know beforehand that there will be new version arriving during end of each month.
You can find the latest CSOM package for SharePoint Online, including the Project Online CSOM assembly, from the NuGet gallery with an id of 'Microsoft.SharePointOnline.CSOM'. We are also working on updating the redistributable package at some point, but you can already right now start using some of these new capabilities in your solutions. We do recommend you to use the NuGet Package to gain access on latest version, rather than downloading the SDK to your machine.
Version of the newly released CSOM package is 16.1.5903.1200. Previous versions of the NuGet has not been removed, so that your existing solutions will continue working without issues and you can decide when the new version is taken into use. Notice that even though the Nuget version is increased to 16.1.5903.1200, actual assembly version of the released assemblies is 22.214.171.124. You can also check the version of the assemblies from the File Version attribute, which aligns with the NuGet version.
Notice that since this NuGet package is targeted to SharePoint Online, you cannot use it directly in on-premises environments (SharePoint 2013 or 2016). This is because of the server side dependencies of the APIs. CSOM versioning model and dependency to your target environment is clarified in following blog post - Using correct Client Side Object Model (CSOM) version for SharePoint customizations. We have released separate NuGet packages for on-premises. See following blog post for additional details - SharePoint CSOM versions for on-premises released as NuGet packages.
New properties and methods cross assemblies
Here's a raw list of all the changes in the classes, properties and methods within this package.
Following property has been removed.
- public class Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.AttachmentCreationInformationUsingPathl
Following properties, classes and methods have been added.
- public property Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Field.NoCrawl
- public property Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Field.Sealed - Set support added
- public method Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.FileCollection.AddUsingPath
- public class Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.FileCollectionAddParameters
- public class Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.FolderCollectionAddParameters
- public property Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.List.AllowDeletion
- public method Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.List.SaveAsTemplate
- public method Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.List.SyncFlowCallbackUrl
- public property Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ListItem.IconOverlay
- public property Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ListItem.Properties
- public method Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ListItem.UpdateOverwriteVersion
- public property Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Web.SiteLogoDescription
- public property Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Web.ThemedCssFolderUrl
- public property Microsoft.SharePoint.TenantCdn.TenantCdnUrl.ExpirationTimeUtc
Following properties have been removed.
- public property Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.TenantAdministration.Tenant.BlockAccessForUnmanagedDevices
- public property Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.TenantManagement.Office365Tenant.BlockAccessForUnmanagedDevices
Following property has been removed.
- public enum Microsoft.ProjectServer.Client.QueueMsgType
Following properties have been added.
- public property Microsoft.ProjectServer.Client.DraftTask.TaskType
- public property Microsoft.ProjectServer.Client.PublishedTask.TaskType
“Sharing is caring”
Vesa Juvonen, Senior Program Manager, OneDrive-SharePoint Engineering, Microsoft - 24th of November 2016