In this PnP Web Cast we concentrated on additional configuration needed on the SharePoint on-premises farms when you start using add-in model based implementations. This is a follow up web cast for the "Provider hosted add-in infrastructure setup for SharePoint on-premises", which was released previously. Scripts and guidance shown in this web cast is targeted for both SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2016 environments.
This web cast concentrated on following topics.
- How to enabled site collection creation using CSOM in on-premises
- How to setup a low trust connection from on-premises farm to Office 365 tenant for easier development and operations around the used add-ins
- General discussion around the low trust and high trust options for your on-premises oAuth configuration
- Live demos and covered on the both provided scripts to automate the needed configuration in your SharePoint on-premises farm
Scripts and additional documentation on the covered topics can be found from following locations in the PnP-Tools repository. We are also looking these scripts in upcoming on-premises targeted PnP content site, which will help on finding what's also relevant for the IT Pro's and administrators from the PnP initiative.
- SharePoint.LowTrustACS.Configuration - Scripts and instructions on how to setup low trust authentication between your SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2016 on-premises farm and an Office 365 tenant.
- SharePoint.SiteColProvisioning.Configuration - Scripts and instructions that explain how to enable CSOM based site collection creation in on-premises SharePoint 2013 or 2016.
Presentation used in this web cast is available from http://doc.com/OfficeDevPnP.
Video at Channel 9.
See following additional links around the covered topics.
- PnP Web Cast - Provider hosted add-in infrastructure setup for SharePoint on-premises - dev.office.com blogs
- Architecture models for SharePoint provider hosted add-ins in on-premises - MSDN blog
- PnP-Tools - Growing repository around specific transformation tooling from Office Dev PnP initiate for IT Pro's and administrators - GitHub.com
What is Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices (PnP) web cast series?
Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices (PnP) web cast series cover different patterns, practices and topics around development with Office 365 and SharePoint. Majority of the topics are valid for the Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises. Our objective is to release new around 30-45 minute long web cast each Monday with few slides and live demo on the covered topic. All web casts are published at the PnP Channel 9 video blog with additional references on the existing materials.
PnP is community driven open source project where Microsoft and external community members are sharing their learning's around implementation practices for Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises (add-in model). Active development and contributions happen our GitHub project under dev branch and each month there will be a master merge (monthly release) with more comprehensive testing and communications. Latest activities and future plans are covered in our monthly community calls which are open for anyone from the community. Download invite from http://aka.ms/OfficeDevPnPCall.
This is work done by the community for the community without any actual full time people. It’s been great to find both internal and external people who are willing to assist and share their learning's for the benefit of others. This way we can build on the common knowledge of us all. Currently program is facilitated by Microsoft, but already at this point we have multiple community members as part of the Core team and we are looking to extend the Core team with more community members.
If you have any questions, comments or feedback around PnP program or this blog post, please use the PnP Yammer group at http://aka.ms/OfficeDevPnPYammer.
“Sharing is caring”
Vesa Juvonen, Senior Program Manager, Office 365, Microsoft - 29th of February 2016