SharePoint monthly community call is our monthly event for SharePoint developers to stay up to date on the latest changes around SharePoint Dev topics from engineering and community perspective. This monthly community call is on every second Tuesday of each month where we go through the summary of SharePoint Development engineering news, latest guidance, status in UserVoice, community contributions and other relevant topics. You can also check the latest updates from the monthly summary at dev.office.com/blogs. You can download a recurrent invite for these monthly calls from http://aka.ms/spdev-call.
This is the recording of SharePoint Dev Ecosystem / Patterns and Practices (PnP) community call from Tuesday 9th of January 2018.
Here's agenda for January 2018 call with direct links to specific sections, if you want to directly jump to a specific topic (will redirect your browser to SharePoint Dev YouTube Channel).
- Latest PnP component usage and GitHub metrics - 4:58
- Quick look at the SharePoint Developer roadmap - 9:30
- Top 10 UserVoice entries for SharePoint Dev and quick status - http://aka.ms/spdev-uservoice - 11:56
- Summary on January 2018 Release - Summary on released materials around SharePoint Development since last monthly call - 15:33
- Latest SharePoint Development videos - 17:22
- Community contributors and companies which have been involved - 17:49
- Demo - Preview of new provisioning schema and engine support status - Paolo Pialorsi (Piasys.com) - 19:11
- Demo - Lock Item Command Set Customizer - Alex Terentiev (SharePointalist) - Failure in recording
- Demo - Column Formatting Client-Side Web Part - Chris Kent (DMI) - 31:58
Notice that we had an unfortunate failure on the recording and we lost some of the call content. Paolo's demo was post recorded, but we missed Alex's demo completely.
Full recording - available from SharePoint Developer YouTube channel - http://aka.ms/spdev-videos.
Presentation slides used in the call
Additional resources on covered topics and discussions.
- January 2018 monthly summary
- Recurrent invite to SharePoint Development monthly calls - http://aka.ms/spdev-call
- SharePoint Developer documentation - http://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- SharePoint Development Issues - http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint GitHub organization - http://github.com/SharePoint
- SharePoint Development UserVoice - new feature requests - http://aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
“Sharing is caring”
Vesa Juvonen, Senior Program Manager, SharePoint, Microsoft - 10th of January 2018