Submit Office and SharePoint Add-ins and Office 365 web apps to the Office Store
The Office Store provides a convenient location for you to upload new solutions that are aimed both at consumers and businesses. To include your app or add-in in the Office Store, you submit it to the Microsoft Seller Dashboard. You will need to create an individual or company account and, if applicable, add payout information. For details, see:
- Register as an app developer. After you create your account, it goes through an approval process.
- Use the Seller Dashboard to submit your app or add-in to the Office Store.
App or add-in approval process
After your account is approved, you can submit your apps or add-ins to the Seller Dashboard. You can make changes at any point before you submit for approval, but during the approval process, you won't be able to make any changes.
In order for your app or add-in to be approved:
- It must be free of viruses. If you need virus detection software, see the Microsoft Safety & Security Center.
- It must not contain inadmissible or offensive material.
- It must be stable and functional.
- Any material that you associate with your apps or add-ins, such as descriptions and support documentation, must be accurate. Use correct spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and grammar in your descriptions and materials.
- If you want a tailored experience for users in regional store, you can add additional languages so that your add-in appears in another language store with localized metadata. Your service and your add-in manifest must be updated appropriately. You must also provide descriptions for each language you add.
Note: For more information, see Validation policies for apps and add-ins submitted to the Office Store.
When the validation process is complete, you will receive a message to let you know that either your app or add-in is approved, or you need to make changes and resubmit it. You can also follow these steps to check the approval status in the Seller Dashboard:
- Sign in to the Seller Dashboard.
On the manage tab, your app or add-in status appears under the app or add-in name.
- If the status is pending approval, your app or add-in is still being verified. When it is in this state, you can't update or resubmit it.
- If the status is approved, your app or add-in is approved to be listed in the appropriate marketplaces.
Note After your app or add-in is approved in the Seller Dashboard, there might be a delay before it is published in a store. After approval, an app or add-in typically appears in the store within 24 hours.
- If the status is changes requested, your app or add-in needs changes in order to be approved. Choose the app or add-in, and then on the summary page, choose View the add-in report for details about the required changes.
If you make changes to an approved app or add-in, it must go through the approval process again.