Submit your solutions to the Office Store
The Office Store provides a convenient location for you to upload new Office Add-ins, SharePoint Add-ins, Office 365 web apps, and Power BI custom visuals that are aimed both at consumers and businesses. To include your solution in the Office Store, you submit it to the Seller Dashboard. You will need to create an individual or company account and, if applicable, add payout information. For details, see:
- Register as an app developer. After you create your account, it goes through an approval process.
- Use the Seller Dashboard to submit your solution to the Office Store.
For information about submitting Power BI custom visuals to the Office Store, see Publish custom visuals to the Office store.
After your account is approved, you can submit your solution to the Seller Dashboard. You can make changes at any point before you submit for approval, but during the approval process, you won't be able to make any changes.
In order for your submission to be approved:
- It must be free of viruses. If you need virus detection software, see the Microsoft Safety & Security Center.
- It must not contain inadmissible or offensive material.
- It must be stable and functional.
- Any material that you associate with your apps or add-ins, such as descriptions and support documentation, must be accurate. Use correct spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and grammar in your descriptions and materials.
- If you want a tailored experience for users in regional store, you can add additional languages so that your add-in appears in another language store with localized metadata. Your service and your add-in manifest must be updated appropriately. You must also provide descriptions for each language you add.
- Office Add-ins - Your add-in must work on all applications and platforms specified in the Host and Requirements elements in your manifest. For a list of APIs that Office applications support on each platform, see Office Add-in host and platform availability.
For more details about Office Store requirements, see Validation policies for apps and add-ins submitted to the Office Store.
When the validation process is complete, you will receive a message to let you know that either your submission is approved, or you need to make changes and resubmit it. You can also follow these steps to check the approval status in the Seller Dashboard:
- Sign in to the Seller Dashboard.
On the manage tab, your submission status appears under the submission name.
- If the status is pending approval, your submission is still being verified. When it is in this state, you can't update or resubmit it.
- If the status is approved, your submission is approved to be listed in the appropriate marketplaces.
Note: After your submission is approved in the Seller Dashboard, there might be a delay before it is published in a store. After approval, a submission typically appears in the store within 24 hours.
- If the status is changes requested, your submission needs changes in order to be approved. Choose your submission, and then on the summary page, choose View the add-in report for details about the required changes.
If you make changes after your submission was approved, it must go through the approval process again.