API open specifications
Important: Features described in the API open specifications may be in various stages of development, such as early design or public preview, and are subject to change. When an API feature becomes generally available, related documentation is removed from the open specification and added to the Office Add-ins documentation.
- Create and access list objects
- Create and access table objects
- Have more options for accessing and comparing range objects
- Document properties
See the Word JS API 1.3 open design page to learn more and provide your feedback.
- Create and alter documents in memory
- Settings API using promise based synatx
- Custom XML document using promise based syntax
- Insert bookmark
- Table merge cells
- Table row merge and column split
See the Word JS API 1.4 open design page to learn more and provide your feedback.